Aims and Objectives
To instruct delegates to select, inspect and safely use a harness, lanyard and associated equipment when using a MEWP (Mobile Elevating Work Platform).
At the end of the course candidates will:
- Be aware of the relevant health and safety regulations
- Be aware of the needs with regard to personnel protection equipment (PPE) against falls from height and the relevant requirements
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of PPE against falls from height when using a MEWP
- Be able to inspect and maintain a harness and lanyard
- Be able to fit and use the harness and lanyard identified
No formal qualifications or experience are necessary. Delegates do not have to have previously completed IPAF operator training, but LTC Training Services would strongly recommend that any delegates who will be operating MEWPs are properly trained by attending the IPAF operator training course (see our IPAF operator training course description for further information).
Literacy and language comprehension are important requirements on all courses.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed with LTC Training Services prior to making a booking so we can best accommodate your needs.
- Introduction and housekeeping
- Aims and objectives
- Hierarchy of measures for selection of PPE for work at height
- MEWPS and harnesses, boom and vertical type machines
- Harness and lanyard choice
- Pre-use checks
- Correct use of harness, to include practical session
- IPAF harness statement on use of harnesses in MEWPs
- Theory test
- Course review and questions
Who will benefit from this course
The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) strongly recommends a full body harness with an adjustable lanyard (used to provide work restraint and adjusted to be as short as possible) is used when working from a boom type MEWP. Training is absolutely vital as the repercussions of poorly fitted harnesses or incorrect product selection can be fatal.
Additional Web notes
£145.00 + £30 IPAF card and reg fee
Email - Please Note
You will be required to bring the following PPE;
PLEASE NOTE: LTC Training Services are unable to supply safety boots, in the case that you do not bring safety boots, we can sell them at £15.00 + VATIf you do not own a harness you can purchase one from us prior to attending, or on the day of training. Harnesses will be supplied on the day of training / for the purposes of training’ should they be needed. Candidates should also bring wet weather clothing in case of inclement weather and should wear full length trousers (no shorts). Writing materials will be provided. Candidates who do not have any of these items should make us aware of this at the time of booking.
- Hard hat
- Safety boots
- Safety harness
Email - Deposit & Payment details